Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Shinedown...

Shinedown
"The Crow and the Butterfly"


This song is the fifth single by the rock band Shinedown from their 2008 album The Sound of Madness. The song was written by Shinedown lead singer Brent Smith.
The music video for "The Crow & the Butterfly" was shot on June 24, 2010, which happens to be the 2nd anniversary of The Sound of Madness.  The music video debuted on Fuse Top 20 Countdown at #18 on July 23, 2010, and on VH1's Top 20 Video Countdown at #20 on July 31, 2010. Brent Smith explained on a radio interview program, Rockline, that while the band was writing the new album, he had a dream about a mother whose son passes away. He wrote the song about the mother dealing with the death of her child and trying to move on.
On a blog on the Shinedown website, Brent Smith said this about the song: "For me lyrically this was one of the most intense stories I have ever written. But I know the song means something different to everyone." -Wikipedia.com


My Thoughts: Another one of my favorite bands, Love Brent's vocals. I remember watching this video for the first time, It hit my heart hard, For me personally as I was almost taken away from my own son 15 years ago from a car accident I was in, It's a reminder of how short life can be, My problems or Issues might be huge in my own head but they are trivial compared to losing a child...Cherish the time that you have with your loved ones because life can be cruel and take that away from us at any time in our lives~
What meaning does the song have for you ?? Please share your comments...


No comments:

Post a Comment