Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Theory Of A Deadman...

Music Video of the day...
"The Bitch Came Back"


Back in 2008, Theory of a Deadman singer-guitarist Tyler Connolly paired up with former American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi to write "Not Meant To Be" for the band's Scars and Souvenirs album. The collaboration was so successful that the duo decided to work together again on Theory's next album and this song was the result. Connolly told Noisecreep: "There's just something about us getting in a room together that makes us write badass songs. Whenever Kara asks me if I would like to hook up with her to write something, I always say yes. With her you know it's going to be something cool and a big opportunity. You know it's probably going to be for a big artist and not some DJ in Kazakhstan. (Laughs)

Kara hasn't written with that many rock bands, but her style is similar to mine. I've done the songwriting junket thing in Nashville, New York, and Los Angeles, and people just don't get me. I'll sit down with someone and they'll say, 'OK, so what rhymes with glove.' It's a nightmare. With Kara I'll just show her an idea and then the next thing you know, bang-bang, we have a song. She's just as impressed as I am. She'll be like, 'Wow, that was easy!' That kind of chemistry is rare in my experience." -Songfacts.com

My Thoughts: Was in my Jeep driving when first heard this song and all I could say was 'WOW'...
How many men can relate to this, lol...The ex-Girlfriend who just wouldn't go away !!!
Theory of a Deadman really knew how to hit it home with the meaning of this one~


More song Info:  In 2010 Tyler Connolly and his wife, the Canadian actress Christine Danielle, divorced. This song is about the ending of their relationship. He told Hard Rock Reviews: "The song on the record that stemmed from that break up is 'The Bitch Came Back.' The moral is, the bitch came back, so it's self explanatory there but there's a lot of people that relate to that song. I actually did an interview with a woman the other day and she said 'I don't think women are going to like these songs.' So I told her, 'I think you're wrong.' If you write a book about women, guys aren't going to buy it but music is so open that they can relate to it no matter what." -Songfacts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment